Adaptec AVA1505 irq problem !

Post by Oleg Krivoshee » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi, All

i bought SCSI CD burnur which came with
AVA1505 card. It could wotk with io=0x140
or 0x340 (jumper switchable) and
irq 9,10,11 or 12 (could change it
using isapnp tools)

The problem is i do not have any of those interrupts
free.

9  is allocated for ethernet
10 is allocated for video
11 is allocated for sound
12 is ps/2 mouse

all above are PCI cards except ps/2 being on mb.

Anyway, if i try to set any of above irq by isapnp,
it complains that resource already in use. If i set
for example irq5 then isapnp works fine but i'm unable
to load module

Any ideas/help are greatly appreciated

thank you

OK

Adaptec AVA1505 irq problem !

Post by Heath Doan » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi There,

    Personally, I'd suggest disabling the IRQ for the video card (usually
done in BIOS, though a setting like "Use IRQ for VGA") - Unless you're doing
video capture, the effects should be fairly minimal.  Then use IRQ 10 for
the SCSI card.

    As always, YMMV

        Heath

Quote:

> Hi, All

> i bought SCSI CD burnur which came with
> AVA1505 card. It could wotk with io=0x140
> or 0x340 (jumper switchable) and
> irq 9,10,11 or 12 (could change it
> using isapnp tools)

> The problem is i do not have any of those interrupts
> free.

> 9  is allocated for ethernet
> 10 is allocated for video
> 11 is allocated for sound
> 12 is ps/2 mouse

> all above are PCI cards except ps/2 being on mb.

> Anyway, if i try to set any of above irq by isapnp,
> it complains that resource already in use. If i set
> for example irq5 then isapnp works fine but i'm unable
> to load module

> Any ideas/help are greatly appreciated

> thank you

> OK

1. Adaptec AVA1505 Will Linux ever see it :((

OK, so I am using Slackware3.1 and have tried scsi.s, bare.i and a few
others as bootdsks and only get my ava1505 scsi card to be found with
a kernel of 1.xx.xx from slackware 3.0 abare.i disk as opposed to
using a later kernel of 2.0.18 with the slackware 3.1 disk set? Can
anyone out there please help!!

TIA

Mark

2. non sun ethernet on ultra 5

3. Adaptec AVA1505 support?

4. Solaris2.4 openwin freezes after installation of HP jetdirect software

5. Adaptec AVA1505 hangs

6. Making my own single floppy distribution: HOWTO??

7. Adaptec AVA1505

8. Kernel panic on floppy access

9. how do you install adaptec ava1505 scsi controller

10. Adaptec AVA1505

11. Adaptec AVA1505 SCSI controller

12. Adaptec AVA1505 SCSI controller and HP6000i DAT tape drive

13. Support for Adaptec AVA1505