quantum fireball HDD & DMA

Post by para » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

cant get my 4.3GB fireball to work in dma mode under RH 5.2. hdparm -d 1
comes out with error of operation not supported but under win98 the disc
does work in dma mode!! havein a via chipset and bios detect HDD as dma
capable any pointers are appriciated

quantum fireball HDD & DMA

Post by Marc Mut » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> cant get my 4.3GB fireball to work in dma mode under RH 5.2. hdparm -d 1
> comes out with error of operation not supported but under win98 the disc
> does work in dma mode!! havein a via chipset and bios detect HDD as dma
> capable any pointers are appriciated

Make sure thare exists a driver for your chipset and compile it into the
kernel.

Marc