error in hardware-howto, section "Unsupported hardware, winmodems"

error in hardware-howto, section "Unsupported hardware, winmodems"

Post by gjc lokhors » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The hardware-howto (or whatever it is called) says in its section
"Unsupported hardware" that the Boca MV.34I is a winmodem and that it is
not supported by Linux. That is not true. I did not have any problem at
all with this modem. Otherwise you would not be reading this.

error in hardware-howto, section "Unsupported hardware, winmodems"

Post by Jose Uren » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

manufacturers reserve the right to discontinue or modified their products as
they see fit.

possibilities are:
1.You got lucky, your modem was once or it is now supported
2. I doubt that you could be, but You could be reffering to your modem by
the wrong model
3. the hardware-howto could really be in error.

since I do not remember seeing the FCC number in the howto file
I am incline to say that you could be right, but more research would be
required