vortex driver from linux.aureal.com

Post by Eik Methne » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi everybody,

Since a couple of days I try to make a linux system running. Many things are
very fine, but I've got problems with my soundcard (Terratec Xlerate PCI). I
tried to install the drivers from linux.aureal.com(read it here in the
newsgroup), but at the bootprocess it says:
" device or resource busy".
Is there a possibility to do modprobe with some parameters or something to
fix this?
Or is my only chance to buy a driver that does'nt support all
hardware-capabilities :-(  ?
Can anybody help me with this problem? Thanks in advance,

Ike.

vortex driver from linux.aureal.com

Post by Rolf Magnu » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:Eik Methner wrote...
>Since a couple of days I try to make a linux system running. Many things
are
>very fine, but I've got problems with my soundcard (Terratec Xlerate PCI).
>tried to install the drivers from linux.aureal.com(read it here in the
>newsgroup), but at the bootprocess it says:
>" device or resource busy".

It seems to be a common problem. Did you read the bug reports? I remember
seeing something about this in the bug list over at http://linux.aueal.com
(don't remember if there is a solution)

Rolf Magnus

1. Aureal 8830 Driver... linux.aureal.com=BAD?

Hello, I am trying to get drivers for an aureal sq2500 card, using 8830
chipset, and the only place i Know of that has (had?) it was
linux.aureal.com, but I can't get there?  Does anyone know if this site is
still up? or perhaps an alternative location to d/l the driver?

Thanks,
Todd

2. x-terminal

3. Aureal vortex 2 (8830) driver for Linux

4. Q: Mass E-mailing

5. Work started on Linux drivers for Aureal Vortex sound card

6. ADRAS Address?

7. aureal vortex driver

8. modem compatible with linux ?!?

9. Aureal Vortex driver?

10. Need help to make my Aureal Vortex Advantage sound card work under Linux

11. Linux & Aureal Vortex 2 based soundcard problem

12. Aureal Vortex: cannot get to work with linux

13. Aureal Vortex 2 & Linux