HP Optical Disk Drive 1300T problem

Post by oversou.. » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I just installed rh 6.1 on a fairly old machine. The sole purpose of
this machine is to access an HP Optical Disk Drive 1300T. The 1300T
uses a scsi interface, adaptec 1542B controller ( which is working
fine ), and when the kernel boots it recognizes an "optical drive"
on /dev/sdb. the problem arises when I try to mount a disk that is in
the drive. I've tried many disks, but I still get strange errors from
mount. I've tried to mount it many ways, like so:
mount -t ext2 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/hp
***** ** iso9660 /dev/sdb1 /mnt/hp
I've tried puttin in a brand new disk , and runnin mfks on it, and
tried to mount it as ext2 but that didnt work either..
mount complains about "too many mounted filesystems" or "unable to
read ..." and a bunch of convoluted error messages..
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
thanx in advance,
Justin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. HP 1300T Magneto Optical drive under Solaris, driver needed

We are trying to get an HP 1300T magneto optical SCSI disk drive to work
under Solaris 2.4 and I was wondering if anybody out there has a copy of
the necessary device driver(s) ?  HP tells us to contact the vendor we
purchased the drive from (X-sys) but X-sys went out of business and their
inventory was bought out by R-Squared.  R-Squared has ignored my three calls
saying "we'll call you back", Right.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please
answer by email, I'll post a summary of info I receive.

  ^   ^  Forrest Cook WB0RIO Do computer geeks bite the heads off of computers?

 /|\ /|\ Take the East Colfax exit off of the Information Superhighway...
 /|\ /|\ (The preceeding was my opinion)

2. Dailing & copying from Remote Machine

3. HP 1300T Magneto Optical drive under Solaris (summary)

4. kernel 2.2.1 booting problem....

5. HP Optical Drive 1300T

6. Get CPU utilization

7. HP Jukebox / HP Optical Drive support?

8. aztek kernel: UNIX: create: can't allocate buffer

9. Optical disk drive problem: Linux tries to mount is as SDA, help!

10. HP 1716CT optical drive and Linux - solved

11. optical drives and optical media

12. Hp Optical disks on RS6000

13. HP C1716T optical drive