CDROM moddel CD822E - what kernel driver?

CDROM moddel CD822E - what kernel driver?

Post by A. Pont » Mon, 09 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Linux (both Slackware and RedHat) but I don't know
what kernel driver to use with my SoundBlaster CDROM model CD822E (8X
CD-ROM). If someone knows the answer, please help me!
I'm new to Linux, have read the CD-ROM HOW TO but didn't find the
answer. Is it an ATAPI CD-ROM?
How can I know it? In this case, where can I find, and what's the name
of the driver?
Thanks for your help,

Post by jack kopyt » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>I'm trying to install Linux (both Slackware and RedHat) but I don't know
>what kernel driver to use with my SoundBlaster CDROM model CD822E (8X
>CD-ROM). If someone knows the answer, please help me!
>I'm new to Linux, have read the CD-ROM HOW TO but didn't find the
>answer. Is it an ATAPI CD-ROM?
>How can I know it? In this case, where can I find, and what's the name
>of the driver?
>Thanks for your help,

Try kernel with EIDE CD-ROM (ATAPI) driver support.
8X CD-ROMs are usually ATAPI. If that wont work try kernel with
SoundBlaster CD-ROM support.

 good luck

   - jack -

1. Kernel panic w/ Mitsumi CDROM driver

Hi,

I have a Mitsumi CDROM driver, but the kernel can't find it. I wonder
would you help me?

I use  an Yggdrasil CDROM that is 0.99pl13. When I try to use their
bootdisk, it shows up and find an always 2000 SCSI driver, but I don't
have this card. And it can't find any CDROM driver, but I have a Mitsumi
driver. After a while, the "kernel panic: VFS fail(not sure about the
word), can't mount the root", and it hangs.

Any idea will be appreciated!

tengwen
--
Teng-Wen Chang, SEED project, EDRC Room 2215, EDRC, CMU,
                              5000 Forbes Ave, PGH, PA 15213

--
Teng-Wen Chang, SEED project, EDRC Room 2215, EDRC, CMU,
                              5000 Forbes Ave, PGH, PA 15213

2. How to allocate space for shared library

3. KERNEL PANIC: Linux CDROM driver fails badly for Mitsumi FX400 with CMD640 IDEs

4. 5.0 Release: Am I the only one?

5. kernel won't load driver for IDE cdrom drive

6. more VRAM worth it?

7. Looking for driver for GoldStar 8X CDROM under Slackware 3.1 (Kernel 2.0.0)

8. GCC 2.7.0 compilation errors, please help

9. Linux CDRom Drivers for kernel

10. Compiling kernel with Mitsumi CDROM driver

11. 12x CDROM device driver for Linux 2.0.x kernel

12. C99 initializers for drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c

13. CDROM driver for EDEE CDROM