Multifunction Printers

Post by Michael P. Nugen » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Anyone had any luck with these multifunction (fax, scanner, printer,
copier) printers?  My family keeps buying, but I can't get success under
Linux.  I can't stands no more!!!

Multifunction Printers

Post by Yossi Amo » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I recommend HP OfficeJet 600 / 700 family.

I've tried getting XEROX to work (As a printer) with no success, so
I've replaced it with HP - which is fax better I think in many
aspects.

I can use the HP printing functionality only at the moment, but there
is a group of people who are in a process of writing some drivers to
it:  http://hpoj.bstc.net/

Well - at least it can keep your hopes up !.

Note - with the HP you can print plain text  - cause they support PCL.

Regards,

        Yossi A.

Quote:> Anyone had any luck with these multifunction (fax, scanner, printer,
> copier) printers?  My family keeps buying, but I can't get success under
> Linux.  I can't stands no more!!!

1. multifunction printer for linux?

2. Can't format ALL of my 20g disk.

3. Multifunction Printers and Linux

4. CD writers

5. Sweeping input folder of multifunction printers.

6. Q: Extended log format

7. printing across network using multifunction printer psc1315

8. iptables rules based on domain?

9. Epson CX3100 Multifunction Printer and MDK 9.2 - Success.

10. Linux + Multifunction Printers

11. Using Brother Multifunction Printers in Linux?

12. Any multifunction Printer/Scanner/Fax work with Linux?

13. Multifunction printers under linux