Looking for VESA or UMC85x4 display card driver

Looking for VESA or UMC85x4 display card driver

Post by Niki Steenka » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I have recently installed Linux on my PC but was unable to find a driver
for my video card.  I have read the XFree86 FAQ but was unable to find any
information.  I have a 'Ultra VGA' card with a UMC85x4 chipset.
It is a VESA local bus card.  I can accept the fact that I am probably one
of a handful of people with this card, so I'm not really expecting to
find a driver for it.  BUT, since it has VESA support built in, a generic
VESA driver should be able to access the higher resolution modes.  Just like
the hi-res DOS games currently available.  Is there such a VESA driver
available for XFree86?

Thanks!
Niki