IDE / ATA-2 / ATAPI floppy device driver

IDE / ATA-2 / ATAPI floppy device driver

Post by Lode Ler » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello All,

Is there a IDE / ATA-2 /  ATAPI floppy device driver available for
linux?

I bought an AESYSTOR 120MB floppy disk drive, of which I was told it
works like an IDE harddisk, but of course it didn't :-)

Now having spent the $450 for the device I'd like to get it working
too.

Is there someone working on an IDE-floppy drive? Could I be a
beta-tester for such a thing?

If not, are there people "out there" that are willing to (help me)
develop such a driver? Is there documentation available on ATAPI
floppy? Specs? Demo code (dos/win/nt)?
In short, does anybody hav info on IDE floppy's?

Post by bill davids » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

| Is there a IDE / ATA-2 /  ATAPI floppy device driver available for
| linux?
|
| I bought an AESYSTOR 120MB floppy disk drive, of which I was told it
| works like an IDE harddisk, but of course it didn't :-)

You might start with some details of what you have, how it's
jumpered, and what the problem is.
 1. Have you checked the jumpers for master/slave, etc?
 2. Does the driver recognize the device but it won't work?

        [ posted and mailed ]
--

  What do you mean I shouldn't do thing like that at my age?
  At my age if you don't do things like that you might die of natural causes!