Searching Driver for Nakamichi CD-changer MBR-7

Searching Driver for Nakamichi CD-changer MBR-7

Post by Frank Herte » Mon, 23 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a MBR-7 cd-rom changer and installed it under linux.
But the SCSI-driver does not support multi session mode. I always see only
the first session on  the drive. Under DOS all sessions are visible, so the
MBR-7
itselfs supports multi-session mode.

Has somebody found or written a multi-session patch for this drive? Or is
there
a possibility to tweak the kernel code to recognize the MBR-7 ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

---
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Hertel
Udicom computer
Bachgasse 15, D-67591 Moerstadt, Germany

Post by E. Arroyav » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hello everyone,

> I recently bought a MBR-7 cd-rom changer and installed it under linux.
> But the SCSI-driver does not support multi session mode. I always see only
> the first session on  the drive. Under DOS all sessions are visible, so the
> MBR-7
> itselfs supports multi-session mode.

> Has somebody found or written a multi-session patch for this drive? Or is
> there
> a possibility to tweak the kernel code to recognize the MBR-7 ?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Sincerely

> ---
> Dipl.-Ing. Frank Hertel
> Udicom computer
> Bachgasse 15, D-67591 Moerstadt, GermanyCan you tell me anything about this CD changer?  I recently saw one of

these in a warehouse on sale for $150.00 USD and I did not know why (it
reportedly works).

Rick A.