Printing on a Apple StyleWriter

Post by Sergio C. Barre » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

Is possible to use an Apple StyleWriter with Linux? I have this printer
in a corner, and I would like to use it. It's engine is Canon, I guess,
then must be supported by ghostscript; but the interface is a RS-422, not
a RS-232, and I have no idea how to wire it to my linux box.

1. (repeated) Printing to an Apple StyleWriter II?

Hi folks,

Has anyone had any luck printing from Linux to an Apple StyleWriter II?  I've
got everything set up like I should--I think--as if the printer were a Canon
Bubblejet.  However, when I have ghostscript send it data, the printer does
absolutely nothing.

Any help, hints, etc., appreciated.  I'd rather not sell a perfectly good
printer if I can avoid it.

Thanks.

--
Roy M. Turner
Department of Computer Science

Phone: (603)862-2980           FAX: (603)862-3493

2. FreeBSD on DEC Alpha

3. Printing to Apple StyleWriter?

4. Does anybody know a good book about programming for Linux?

5. Printing to an Apple Stylewriter II?

6. RSH without passwd

7. Apple Stylewriter won't print

8. Only 1024 processes (Java threads) on my SMP 2.4 Linux kernel...

9. Using apple stylewriter with linux

10. Apple Stylewriter with a PC with RH4.2?

11. Printer Apple StyleWriter II

12. Printer driver for Apple Color StyleWriter 4500?

13. Can I use my Apple Stylewriter 1200 with Linux?