xf86config with samsung syncmaster3

Post by Nicky Whit » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
Has anyone configured a samsung syncmaster3 monitor  to use 800x600
resolution with xf86config? I've tried various combinations but all I get
is screen flicker. My video card is  an Alliance Promotion 6422, which is
one of the supported cards from the config list. It works fine with 640x480
but I want to use the higher resolution. I can run Windows95 and it works
fine in 800x600 mode, so it is possible. I have the doc. for the monitor
and am using what look like the correct frequencies but no luck. If anyone
has an XF86Config file I'd be grateful.

Nicky