1. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card
I actually got pretty far into this, but can't make a peep come out of the
speakers (I just had a horrible thought - speakers are plugged in and turned
Got ALSA Drivers, utilities, and library files, did standard configure, make,
make install for each.
In a console window under KDE, did the following:
1. insmod soundcore - got nothing back, so I assume that worked.
2. ran the snddevices script - it happily reported making a ton of devices.
3. Edited my etc/modules.conf to the following
alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-es1938
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
4. ran modprobe snd-card-es1938 - got nothing back, so I assume that worked as
5. I tried a couple of the tools available under the "multimedia" option of the
KDE menu - none of them can access the output dev. I tried the chmod, still no
joy. When I run /utils/alsasound start, it reports that the driver is already
running. I postulate that may be so, but would like to confirm my hypothesis by
actually hearing something from the speakers. Any help would be appreciated.
2. RIP afpfs
3. PCI Yamaha Sound Card (Xwave Direct 192 PCI) Help o : )
4. IP_MASQUERADE bugs ?
5. how to get unixware v7 recognize pci modem and pci sound card??
6. Why Linux is popular
7. Linux , PCI sound cards, Zoom PCI pnp Modems
8. Can't access printer, help!
9. Need sound driver RH5.2 using S3 sonicVibes PCI sound card
10. Sound: PCI sound card problems...
11. Newbie Help S3 PCI SonicVibes Sound Card
12. Looking for help setting up no-name PCI sound card
13. PCI sound card NEED HELP!!!