Agere AC97 modem on HP Compaq NC6000 laptop using slmodem

Agere AC97 modem on HP Compaq NC6000 laptop using slmodem

Post by Sjaa » Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:17:26

For everyone's information:

After a long search I found a way to get the Agere AC97 modem working
on my HP Compaq nc6000 laptop.

I use the slmodem software (www.smlink.com) version 2.9.6.
I tried later versions of this software, but I found that on noisy
lines, the modem does not dail in. It stops with a "NO CARRIER" error.

Version 2.9.6 of the slmodem driver works fine.

I am using Fedora Core 1.

Sjaak laan

Post by ja stee » Sun, 03 Oct 2004 03:18:30

> For everyone's information:

> After a long search I found a way to get the Agere AC97 modem working on
> my HP Compaq nc6000 laptop.

> I use the slmodem software (www.smlink.com) version 2.9.6. I tried later
> versions of this software, but I found that on noisy lines, the modem does
> not dail in. It stops with a "NO CARRIER" error.

> Version 2.9.6 of the slmodem driver works fine.

> I am using Fedora Core 1.

> Sjaak laan

Thanks I try it after I fix a few other things.

1. resolved:HP NC6000 sound problem

Just posting this in case someone else comes acros the same problem
and googles for a solution.

I've just installed Mandrake 10 on an Hp NC 6000. Everything ran
smoothly, X with the ATI Radeon fglrx driver.

One issue was sound. Upon boot the machine would emit a very loud
screeching noise. Unfortunately plugging in a headphone plug does not
mute the speakers on this model.
I've found that this is caused because the mixer has the mic interface
set to wide open. Mute this and your problem is gone.
I've used the snd-intel8x0 driver without any special settings. One
peculiar thing I have noticed is that on volume control the PCM and
PCMM2 slider control the headphone output and the volume slider
controls the speakers.

Hope this helps someone.

Jeroen

2. core dump

3. Compaq HP nx9010 laptop

4. Help with SLIP/DIP

5. Solaris 10 on a Hp / Compaq nx9005 laptop

6. Install linux from NFS drive

7. Agere systems AC'97 modem on Guadalinex

8. HELP: Netscape 2.0b3 screws up Linux 1.2.13 while running as root!

9. Anyone used a Lucent/Agere ORiNOCO Gold wireless card successfully under Linux?

10. Modem Help - Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop

11. Compaq Laptop Modem

12. Linux modem support for Compaq Armada 7700 series laptops

13. Vague question on Winmodem, AC97, Toshiba laptop and lm.h