Linux and Flash Ram PCMCIA cards

Post by tedma » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Could anyone out there please tell me whether flash ram PCMCIA cards are
currently supported in Linux? I am thinking of upgrading to kernel 2.0
and would like to buy a 20MB flash ram card, but I'm not sure whether
this would work. Furthermore, does anyone know how flash ram works? Do I
need a device driver to make it work in dos or when I plug it in just
works fine simply by itself and is recognised by my bios? If my pc has a
max memory upgrade limitation of 24MBs does this apply only in the
conventional memory upgrading manner (adding more dram chips in the
laptop) or the amount of memory that I am planning to add by using the
flash ram should totally be less than 24MBs.                                    Thanks in advance.