Trouble with SCSI driver

Post by Scott McNei » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I've just purchased a DECpc XL 556 with an Adaptek 7870 controller
and SCSI 1GB HD.  When I try and boot linux from the floppy
(initial install) I get the standard SCSI=0 error. Variations to
the "ramdisk"command have been futile.

Has any one had success with getting linux to recognize this or
similar controllers/ HD's? Does anyone have a driver?!!

Opinions don't necessarily have to be humble...

Thanks in advance,

Scott McNeil

1. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

Hello Group,

After spending a day on installing an Oracle database to 7025 F80 i was hit
by a rock.

Suddenly I got SCSI sync error and the machine was dead.

The leds on the tape drive was all flashing.

No commands were available - I was out of disks. No telnet nor nothing
working except dumb ping.

So I pressed reset. All the tests are fine after reboot - but how am I
supposed to run a db on it ?

Can I trust this machine any more ? What nightmare was it ?

I read log report and got a message to check SCSI cable or SCSI device. Buth
how on earth can a SCSI work fine for hours and then crash without warning ?

Any comments ?

Andrej

2. How to determine maxchunksize and sync|async mode?

3. Device Driver Heroes, trouble with SCSI tape library

4. /proc/config idea

5. trouble installing wide-ultra scsi-3 driver

6. Q: Matrox Millenium support??????

7. Trouble with PCI SCSI driver on AST Manhattan P-90 (fwd)

8. Cyrix 486DLC/40 Compatibility with Linux [WORKS here]

9. Troubles with ATAPI CDROM driver and weird network troubles <tulip card>

10. SCSI tape trouble (SCSI timeouts)

11. PROBLEM: drivers/scsi/sd.c - Incorrect Reporting of Blocks and Capacity of Large SCSI Disk Arrays

12. SCSI Driver that Supports SCSI Target Mode

13. minor number layout for scsi Solaris scsi driver