IBM 60 GB - Redhat

Post by <xxxxxx> » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 19:38:09

I have a Promise Ultra199 Tx2 card.
On that card I have 2 ide ibm  60 GB drives

After using fdisk etc. to create my raid0 dev. I found out that my disk
space on md-dev is 54 GB.....

Does someone have any tips on this one?

By the way ... Im using ther 2.4.13 kernel on Radhat 6.2.

// spoted

   With NINE Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

IBM 60 GB - Redhat

Post by bollo » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:33:36

Quote:>I have a Promise Ultra199 Tx2 card.
>On that card I have 2 ide ibm  60 GB drives

>After using fdisk etc. to create my raid0 dev. I found out that my disk
>space on md-dev is 54 GB.....

What level of software raid are you using?

IBM 60 GB - Redhat

Post by B. Joshua Rose » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:37:28

Do you have it configured as RAID 0 (striped) or RAID 1 (mirrored)? If
you are running a mirrored set then 54G is about right.

Quote:> I have a Promise Ultra199 Tx2 card.
> On that card I have 2 ide ibm  60 GB drives

> After using fdisk etc. to create my raid0 dev. I found out that my disk
> space on md-dev is 54 GB.....

> Does someone have any tips on this one?

> By the way ... Im using ther 2.4.13 kernel on Radhat 6.2.

> // spoted

>    With NINE Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored
>    News Source

1. 60 GB IPOD deal found

I just completed this offer for a 60 gb photo ipod and it is awesome!
My friend got one from it and he is waving it in my face and taunting
me! Anyways, all you have to do is complete a promotion offer and
cancel it before the 30 days trial is up and then get 8 referrals. It
is so cool. Check it out.

http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=21360900

2. howto backtrack hacker?

3. 60 GB Maxtor on Ultra 10?

4. How to set up a printcap entry?

5. Mandrake 7.1 won't recognize my Maxtor 36147H8 60 GB ATA 100

6. Is "make -k buildworld" equal to "make buildworld" the first time run?

7. 60 Gb HDD not recognized during boot up.

8. overclocking anybody ?

9. Maxtor 60 Gb problem

10. New IBM IDE drive recognized as 40 GB but is 80 GB

11. Help: IBM p-60 server scsi problems

12. RedHat 60 install freezes up on "Loading second stage ramdisk"

13. Newbie needs help with Redhat 60