Supra 28.8i PnP Modem

Post by Eric Crampt » Sat, 04 May 1996 04:00:00

I have Linux 1.2.13 (RedHat). How do I get it to recognize the Supra 28.8i
PnP modem? I've looked at the pnp stuff on Redhat's server, and found
nothing which helped (I tried compiling the pnptools, but they didn't get
things working properly).

Any hints????

--
Eric Crampton                      |

Supra 28.8i PnP Modem

Post by Robert W. Brew » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

Eric> I have Linux 1.2.13 (RedHat). How do I get it to recognize the
Eric> Supra 28.8i PnP modem? I've looked at the pnp stuff on Redhat's
Eric> server, and found nothing which helped (I tried compiling the
Eric> pnptools, but they didn't get things working properly).

I messed around in Win95 and somehow it set the modem to use IRQ 11
and COM4.  However, when I booted Linux, it showed that the modem
was using IRQ 3 or 4.  Apparently linux just assumes that COM3 and COM4
are using the same IRQs as COM1 and COM2.  This stuff is explained
in the Serial-HOWTO.  Anyway, this line straight from the HOWTO fixed
it:

setserial /dev/cua3 auto_irq skip_test autoconfig

That tells Linux to attempt to figure out what IRQ COM4 (/dev/cua3) is on
and set it properly.
If you now do

setserial -a /dev/cua3

it should show the correct IRQ.  You'll probably also want to do

setserial /dev/cua3 spd_vhi

so that you can use the fastest speed possible with the modem.

I saw something mentioned on the Supra Web site about a way to disable
the PnP feature of the modem, but I did not try that option.

-Rob

1. Supra 28.8i PNP install problem

Hi,

I'm trying to install my old Supra 28.8i ISA PNP modem. Yeah, I should
have read the Linux howto before I bought a 56K WinModem. Anyway, I've
using isapnp to configure it as COM3 and COM4 but nothing works. isapnp
complains about resource conflict. I check the /proc/interrupts and
/proc/ioports and they are no conflicts. I have Win98 and RedHat 6.0.
I'm able to configure the modem as COM3 on Win98. I've also tried to
install WinICU but the installation failed because I've Win98. Please
help!!!

Thanks in advance,
YKChoo

2. Problem about modem

3. Help, Plug and Play Modem (SupraExpress 28.8i PNP) and Soundcard (SB AWE64) installation problems

4. What is FreeSCO

5. PnP on SupraExpress 28.8i HELP! :)

6. VMS DCL to Unix SH conversion utility

7. Summary: SupraExpress 28.8i PnP with Linux

8. Wierd CGI problem with Apache 1.3.6 SSL...can you help....

9. Supra 336i PnP modem OK now

10. Supra PnP modem

11. Supra PnP modems?

12. anyone have success with a Supra 288i PnP modem?

13. Modem Problems - Supra 288i PNP