How to write in a removable imation (LS 120MB) disk ???

How to write in a removable imation (LS 120MB) disk ???

Post by Vladimir Sinitsy » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Upgrade your kernel to 2.0.34. It should recognize it as "atapi floppy
drive" and will let you read/write to it freely. You can, however,
choose not to compile the IDE Floppy driver, but to enable SCSI
emulation instead. This will let you use the drive as a SCSI device, and
you'll be able to software-eject it :-).

Vladimir S.

> Hi:

>   I have an imation removable disk LS 120 Mb, but i can't write it
> under Linux, because Linux recognizes it as an atapi cd-rom!. It's true
> that it has an atapi interface, but this is my question!..
> Can i write it?.. so.. how !?

>         Thanks

1. Sense write protect on removable disk?

We have recently acquired two Pinnacle Micro Tahoe 230 Mbyte MO disc
drives, and are currently investigating possible pitfalls (i.e. falling
into them).  Can anyone suggest a software way to test whether a loaded
cartridge is write protected, on this or any other SCSI drive?  Mounting
such a cartridge read/write is a nice way to crash SunOS.  I had hopes of
using scsiping, but this seems to report everything but the write protect
status.

With apologies for the re/cross posting,

--

2. LinuxPPC2000+PM9600=hard time

3. ls 120mb superdisk

4. Looking for some HOME BASED PC work

5. Any R.O. Technologies LS-120 a:drive 1.44/120MB Linux drivers

6. Intranet to Internet

7. Linux Install : Imation LS-120 SuperDisk problems

8. MEEPT!-{humour}

9. Detect Imation LS-120 on secondary slave

10. 3M - Imation SuperDisk LS-120 Drive (External Parallel Port version)

11. Linux Autoprobes Imation LS-120 drives?

12. Imation SuperFloppy/LS-120 Drivers?

13. Imation parallel port LS 120