Hayes 336 fax/modem PCMCIA problem w/RH 6.1 -- can't activate modem

Hayes 336 fax/modem PCMCIA problem w/RH 6.1 -- can't activate modem

Post by <blackad.. » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Run RH 6.1 on old Compaq 4131T.  D-link ethernet works fine.  Insert a
hayes 33.6 fax/modem into the other slot.  I hear two good beeps and I
check /var/log/messages and see the following:

    initalize socket 1
    socket 1 :serial or modem
    insmod serial_cs.o
    `./serial start ttyS1`

So all seems to be OK so far??  Can I assume linux thinks there is a modem
on ttyS1?

I run minicom or wvdialconf to try it out.  Nothing happens.  Neither
program can intialize or detect a modem anywhere.  "cardctl status" shows
the
ethernet card in "ready" mode, where as the modem seems to be permanetly in
"busy" function.

What do I need to do to get this modem to work?

Regards E. Blackadder

1. Hayes 336 PCMCIA Modem problems

i have a Hayes PCMCIA Optima 336 modem that i am trying to get working
on 3.0R.  pccardd finds it and attaches it to sio3.  when opening
/dev/cuaa3, open() goes into never-never land, i.e. it hangs.

i'll post my config files if necessary.

just wanted to know if this is a problem seen before with any pccard modem
or if i need to go buy another modem.

thanks.

2. WANTED: SEMYON PEYSAHOVICH (sp?)

3. Help: Modem doesn't work -- Compaq Presario 336-VSC Modem

4. "More" problem

5. Newbie with a Hayes Optima 336 external modem

6. How do I copy tapes?

7. Hayes 336 Int Speakerphone Modem

8. portsentry and firewalling

9. Drivers for Compaq Presario 336-VSC Modem (ATT Controlerless Modem)

10. Q:RH 6.1 will not detect isapnp boca research fax data modem (33.6 Kbps)

11. newbie:RH 6.1 will not detect ISAPNP fax data modem (33.6 Kbps) === help

12. PCMCIA Modem Help- IBM Fax data modem V.90

13. Instala??o Do Modem MOTOROLA SM56 Fax Modem no RH 8.0