Three Hardware driver questions

Post by Keynone J. Taylo » Fri, 17 Sep 1999 04:00:00

1)Does anyone have any suggestions for getting Linux to use
my Visioneer 6100b parallel port scanner?

2)Does anyone know how to get Linux to see my HP 7200i IDE
CD writer as a writable device?  I have done everything it
said to do in the CD Writing HOWTO and even after upgrading
my kernel to 2.2.12 from 2.2.9.19, the kernel still only
sees my CD writer as an ATAPI/IDE device and not a SCSI
device.

3)Does anyone know how to get a Lexmark 3200 color
jetprinter to print at all under Mandrake Linux 6.0?  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

1. hardware VLAN acceleration (RE: [BETA-0.92] Third test release of Tigon3 driver)

The version of e1000 that Jeff merged in has no hardware VLAN capabilities
right now, the version distributed from Intel's web site has hooks for the
binary only iANS teaming/VLAN product.

That being said, I will add support to e1000 for a standard kernel interface
(e100 too, but there are other things to fix first).  David's interface
looks very nice to me, especially in it's clear advertisement of
capabilities and simple transmit and receive design.  Intel's hardware will
have no problem working with it.

I did have some questions about the entry points.

Is vlan_rx_kill_vid only there to ensure locking between vlan_hwaccel_rx and
unregister_802_1Q_vlan_dev?  If so, could this be handled outside of the
driver?

Also, when a vlan dev is unregistered, does the driver need to know that the
vlan_group passed in to vlan_rx_register is no longer valid?

        Chris

--

Network Software Engineer
UNIX/Linux/Netware Development Group

2. 2.4.2-ac18 fix for Alpha machines

3. Third Party Software/Hardware Support

4. KWINTV doesn't work

5. Sun software support with third party hardware

6. Size of Unconfigured DISK?

7. IBM List of Third Party Hardware Products, Jan. update (long)

8. Queuing in Linux similar to queue in Microsoft MSMQ or IBM MQ

9. Third party hardware/software maintenance for Suns

10. Third Pary Hardware in rs/6000

11. Hardware and driver question for Redhat Linux4.2

12. Linux Hardware/Drivers questions

13. PS2 third party three button mice?