Internal IDE Sparq

Post by Systec » Thu, 15 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I am have installed a Syquest Sparq internal IDE drive and I have it working
correctly under Windoze 95, and I am getting ready to try and make it work
under Linux.  I'm just wondering if anyone here has got one working under
linux yet and can give me any tips/watch outs/etc.

TIA
Jonathan "Systech" Haase
Remove dontspam from the address to reply

Internal IDE Sparq

Post by Wayne Minto » Wed, 21 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'd also like some information on the same exact thing.

Looking at Syquest's web site I noticed that they have posted drive
geometry information for their SyJet drives.  I'm guessing that with the
same kind of information for the SparQ one could use Linux's fdisk to write
a partition table so that it can be formatted and mounted.  I've requested
this info from SyQuest.  Cross your fingers.

One warning, I'm more or less clueless on these matters; I just try to hack
my through ;-)

TIA,
Wayne

Quote:> I am have installed a Syquest Sparq internal IDE drive and I have it
working
> correctly under Windoze 95, and I am getting ready to try and make it
work
> under Linux.  I'm just wondering if anyone here has got one working under
> linux yet and can give me any tips/watch outs/etc.

> TIA
> Jonathan "Systech" Haase
> Remove dontspam from the address to reply

1. Is it possible to set up a SparQ EIDE internal as a hda0?

Hi.

Is it possible to set up a SparQ 1.0g EIDE drive as hda0?  I'd like to have
multiple operating systems, and I think that switching cartriges around
would be alot simpler than dual or triple booting.  Thanks.

Brian.

2. nmap and jabberd

3. SparQ yes or no, ide or parallel port?

4. Accessing hosts behind IP MASQ firewall

5. SPARQ (ide) problems

6. headers for htonl etc.?

7. Sparq IDE 1GB drive

8. help