can't install my 250MB Zip drive any idea's

can't install my 250MB Zip drive any idea's

how do I install Iomega 250MB USB Zip drive under RedHat 7.0

Post by James Richard Tyre » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:15:16

> how do I install Iomega 250MB USB Zip drive under RedHat 7.0

> --

I presume that you have an IDE drive.

If so, you just plug it in as the slave drive on the ribbon cable with
you CD-ROM.  It then is hdd4 if you CD-ROM is hdc.  You will need to add
a directory to mount it -- usually "/mnt/zip", and add it to your
"/etc/fstab" file.

To format it you need to change the partition type for partition 4 with
fdisk and then use "mkfs" to format the disk.

If you need more details, ask.  Be specific [Please].

JRT