Overriding driver module for NIC - FC5

Post by bryonv » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:34:13

Hi All,
I did manage to do this once before, but could someone please tell me how
to get Fedora 5 to load sk98lin module instead of sky2 module for my
88e8053 yukon ethernet card.
I have manually >rmmod sky2 and >modprobe sk98lin temporarily. Working
MUCH better now.
Thanks in advance
Bryon

1. NIC problems in FC5 upgrade

Just upgraded a workstation from Fedora Core 4 to 5. Did the upgrade
option.
After doing so, the NIC eth0 wouldn't come up. It gives an error that
it may be unplugged.
(A RealTek on the mobo nic.)
I rebooted into WinXP and it still worked fine there.
So I rebooted back to FC5 and it still says it's unplugged.
I reran the network setup, and changed it from DHCP to manual
IP/subnet/gateway. And now it acts like it's online, I can restart
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network and it says "OK", but no actual connection.
(Reboot to Windows, still fine.)
Is this a known issue with FC5? Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Liam

2. dual monitors with one X server

3. PPP on FC5: kernel modules?

4. IRQ setting for SB16

5. LRP, NIC Driver and adding Modules

7. Passing drivers/modules to install prog? (linksys nic)

8. Limit on time allowed to browse the web

9. Nic driver module for Intel 82562ET (Woody)

10. DCHP overrides default gateway and nameserver on double-nic server.

11. How to override built in driver modes?

12. Linux drivers for TLAN NIC and Intel 82558 NIC

13. USB device driver override