Memory based MP3 player recommendation?

Post by Big Daddy Butthe » Sat, 31 May 2003 04:32:20

I would like to buy a flash memory based portable MP3 player which will
sync nicely with Linux?  Any recommendations?

Thanks

1. PowerPC based Car MP3 Player

I was thinking of building an MP3 player for my car.  In the long run,
I will add modem support through my PCS phone to be able to do simple
web browsing (check Mapquest, for example; web-based e-mail, etc.) and
hopefully wireless Ethernet/Wake-on-lan capability.  I would like to,
in the beginning, bring it inside and update the files via Ethernet
(SAMBA server), but eventually do this over Wireless Ethernet.

Is there a PowerPC embedded system with sound, ethernet, and TFT
support?  I found a Pentium based solution for $400, but I was
wondering if someone knew of a PowerPC based solution in that price
range.

I figured that with the PowerPC's strong FPU, a cheaper PPC solution
might be available that could run MP3s.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. SIGSEGV on __do_global_ctors () in 0.99pl14 series?

3. please recommend a console-based MP3 player

4. Question regarding tty.

5. Linux Compatible Flash-Based MP3 Players

6. zlib over sockets

7. Need mp3 to mpy file converter for RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player

8. Advice on scanners and color printers

9. USB memory stick and MP3 player mounting.

10. MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

11. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players

12. CD Player and MP3 Player for Solaris 8

13. MP3 Player & VCD Player