I have to write a CDROM driver ...need help

I have to write a CDROM driver ...need help

Post by adamnor.. » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have to write a driver for my panasonic KXL-783A cdrom
I know c & c++ but have no exp. in c or c++. I have been
a progammer in vb and others for years.
Just a matter of getting the right info & sample I think.

I am going to be running zipslack or doslinux (not sure yet which is
the best)

Need all the info I can get. On both writting a driver and
which dos based linux flavor to use. I need GUI..:P so I need
the leanest xwindows & desktop there is any advice?

Adam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Having problem writing a PCI device driver

I'm having some problems with a device driver I'm writing for school. It
is a character driver, implemented as a loadable module, and it interfaces
to a PCI card that some other people are designing.

My problem is that I can't access the list of PCI devices, which is
declared in <linux/pci.h> and defined in src/linux/drivers/pci/pci.c. I
can access the bios32 functions, but whenever I try to insmod the module
when it refers to the list of devices or any function defined in pci.c, I
get a "symbol undefined" error.

Are these functions and data structures simply not visible to loadable
modules? Is there a way I can make them visible? Or must I resort to a
kernel compiled driver?

Thanks for any help.

Paul Meyers

2. sco*unix Auckland contract

3. cdrom driver needed for hitache cdrom 4X please....

4. PPP/Netscape/Memory probs

5. I want to write a driver (need a drivers how to)

6. Q: packages and ports ?

7. Need help writing driver for 3c503 or wd8003

8. Q: IRIX-Virtual Timer alarm

9. Need to write video driver...Help!

10. Help needed in getting info about ISDN cards for writing device driver

11. help: PCI peripheral with Tundra Powerspan II - need to write driver for embedded linux side

12. Need Help in writing a driver for a scanner

13. Going to write a new USB camera driver - help needed!