scsi : aborting command due to timeout: Anyone?

scsi : aborting command due to timeout: Anyone?

Post by Kent Nyiau from Malays » Sun, 12 Nov 1995 04:00:00

This is what I get while I tried to install linux from NFS.
scsi : adaptec 1542
scsi : 1 host
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, id0, lun 0 0x00 00 00
00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
Sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0

Repeats times......

My hdd has 10 MB for DOS, other has been allocate for LINUX. Anyway,
there is no linux system inside.

Anyone met this situation? I badly need your help!

--

Kent Nyiau Sin Kian from Malaysia. A Junior in MIS, National Central Univ.
Love Hwong Chang Ching. Care of her for the rest of her life.

scsi : aborting command due to timeout: Anyone?

Post by Terry McHu » Tue, 14 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi, Kent:

I've had the same problem with an AHA1542CF and a Seagate ST3600N hard
drive.  I have had the opportunity to swap the drive with another scsi
one, which worked _very_ nicely.  The 1542 is apparently extremely
sensitive to all kinds of termination problems, cable quality, and , yes,
even disk drives.

For details on the SCSI setup, try having a look at the SCSI HOWTO
(conveniently located at a sunsite mirror near you), and see the section
on General Flakiness.  From my experience, this was written based on the
1542CF.

For a quick fix, check two things: your termination, and your hard drive,
respectively (termination problems are a lot cheaper to fix).

Good Luck,
Tom McHugh

: This is what I get while I tried to install linux from NFS.
: scsi : adaptec 1542
: scsi : 1 host
: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, id0, lun 0 0x00 00 00
: 00 00 00
: SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
: Sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
: Sending DID_RESET for target 0
: Sending DID_RESET for target 0
: Sending DID_RESET for target 0
: Sending DID_RESET for target 0
: Sending DID_RESET for target 0
: Sending DID_RESET for target 0

: Repeats times......

: My hdd has 10 MB for DOS, other has been allocate for LINUX. Anyway,
: there is no linux system inside.

: Anyone met this situation? I badly need your help!

: --

: Kent Nyiau Sin Kian from Malaysia. A Junior in MIS, National Central Univ.
: *****************************************************************************
: Love Hwong Chang Ching. Care of her for the rest of her life.
: *****************************************************************************
: 23 y  168cm 55kg black hair brown eyes spec.
: Reading Writting Thinking Singing
: *****************************************************************************

1. Help needed ! (scsi : aborting command due to timeout)

Hello there:
        I am trying to install linux with the hareware below:
                     TP4XE55
                     AHA 1542CF
                     Quantum TRB850S
                     32 MB -6 (16X2) RAM
                     PCI CN970EBT NIC
 But when I start to boot from boot disk (scsinet1, ascnet1), I got the
message below:

scsi : adaptec 1542
scsi : 1 host
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, id0, lun 0 0x00 00 00
00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
Sent BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0
Sending DID_RESET for target 0

        This message repeats infinity.........

        Could anyone please help me??

        I used Intel MB last month & found that it wasn't as stable as I
wanted, so I am now cswitching it to TP4XE55, strange....

Ken

--

Kent Nyiau Sin Kian from Malaysia. A Junior in MIS, National Central Univ.
Love Hwong Chang Ching. Care of her for the rest of her life.
23 y  168cm 55kg black hair brown eyes spec.
Reading Writting Thinking Singing

2. Netware + Linux Server

3. scsi: aborting command due to timeout

4. linux on a 486

5. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout....?

6. HELP! Resolving symbols at runtime! Urgent!

7. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout

8. How to allow access to LPD (UNIX print server) from remote hosts?

9. SCSI: Aborting command due to TIMEOUT

10. scsi aborting command due to timeout

11. SCSI - aborting command due to timeout

12. SCSI Adaptec AHA1542[BC] Aborting command due to timeout

13. SCSI: aborting command due to timeout