cs4242.o modprobe fails

Post by Dave Smit » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I need some help correcting this problem.
My soundcard had worked previously but seems to have given up the ghost.

I'm running RH6.0. The following is from /var/log/messages.

rc.sysinit: Finding module dependencies succeeded
modprobe: /lib/modules/2.2.5-15/misc/cs4232.o:
modprobe: init_module: Device or resource busy
rc.sysinit: Loading sound module failed
rc.sysinit: Loading midi module succeeded

This is a dual boot system running on a Dell Inspiron laptop.
The soundcard still works fine in Win95.
Could it be that the module is corrupt.
How would I replace a single module?

Thanks

1. modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-21

Hi all.
I installed a linux machine as PPP server with 3 modems that do
authentiaction with NT machine (with PAM_SMB).
I allways see this line in the /var/log/messages:
"modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-21"
and the peoples said the connection is to slow.

I add the lines below to the /etc/modules.conf :
alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate

but the problem is still there.
My mlinux machine is RH7.3 and the pppd is the one that came with
RH7.3.

Please help me to solve this issue.
Thanks, Miki

2. Macintosh Version of Linux???

3. kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-464c, errno=8

4. How to configure Sounds on Linux (newbie question)

5. modprobe fails, but insmod ok- what am I doing wrong?

6. Acer Altos 9000

7. RH 5.1 boot: modprobe not an ELF file -> eth0 init fails

8. FAQ: Why FreeBSD is better? (v1.3.3)

9. Install Error - kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe...

10. New: modprobe i810/i830 fails with "Cannot allocate memory"

11. modprobe for via 686a soundcard fails

12. 8390: No such file or directory - modprobe fails, but insmod ok?

13. Boot fails with "kmod: runaway modprobe loop assumed and stopped"