Display probs ATI Xpert 98 AGP, Tatung monitor HELP!!

Display probs ATI Xpert 98 AGP, Tatung monitor HELP!!

Post by Jeff Ka » Fri, 23 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi I just did a redhat 5.1 install and had a few problems. one was LILO but
ignore that for know since I can still boot my sys with the boot disk.

Anyways, I have a

P II 266, 64 meg ram
ATI Xpert 98 AGP w/ 8 meg
Tatung CM-15VDE Monitor

I ran Xconfigurator and It detected my video card initially and suggested
the Mach64 chip ( which is right -- Suse's Xfree86 list of supported cards
put mine under the mach64 server ). It did however have trouble doing an
inital probe and asked me to specify the ram. I did, it probed again and
seemed to work.

I then entered my monitor data under custom ( since there was not a listing
for my exact monitor ). The value I entered were:

50 -100hz (vertical ).

I then selected all of the various resolution up to and including 1024 x 768
for 8, 16 and 24 bit colour. This all seem to go well.

However, when I ran startx the screen was not displaying properly. I could
sort of see the screen but it had rolling vertical lines and appeared to be
displaying the screen twice. I've seen this in windows if you try to use a
resolution higher than what the monitor is capable of , however in this case
as far as I can tell I am not.

Any ideas? help please... remove the obvious from the email

1. X display probleams, ATI Xpert 98 AGP, Tatung Monitor HELP!!!!

[...]

2. Good Manual-Solaris

3. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

4. Cannot get /sbin/init to run.

5. X disp. problems help please ATI Xpert 98 AGP

6. Where are you?!?!?!?

7. AGP, ATi Xpert 98 8mb

8. Does "Netscape" work under linux? Where can I get it.

9. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

10. Driver for ATI XPERT 98 AGP card?

11. ATI Xpert 98 AGP card OK?

12. ATI XPERT 98 AGP

13. ATI Xpert 98 AGP problems in Xwindows