Problem: 0 lun 0 not found on Old Buslogic SCSI card: BT-542B

Problem: 0 lun 0 not found on Old Buslogic SCSI card: BT-542B

Post by Jeff Hear » Tue, 14 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a buslogic ISA bt542b scsi card, and at boot up  time I get the
message: target 0 lun 0 not found.  It forces my card to reset
indefinitely during the linux boot up sequence, which complains that 0
target 0 is not found or some such blither.  What can I do to fix this?
I have no SCSI hard drive, only a scanner, which is at ID 5.  I tried
setting it to ID 0 with no luck, obviously.

Problem: 0 lun 0 not found on Old Buslogic SCSI card: BT-542B

Post by QuestionExchang » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

It sounds like you are trying to boot from a non-existent SCSI
hard drive.
I would go in to the SCSI BIOS before Linux starts to boot and
check the the
SCSI setup. There is an interval when you can press [Ctrl] B
during the boot
process to enter the SCSI BIOS setup. Check to see what devices
the SCSI card
"sees" make sure that the BIOS is NOT set to try and boot from
a SCSI disk.
Make sure that it does "see" the scanner correctly.
You could also check your /etc/conf.modules does not have a
line in it like
"alias scsi_hostadapter BusLogic" if it does try removing it.
After the machine
boots normally (if it does) try inserting the module for the
card with the command:
insmod BusLogic
-DU-

Quote:> I have a buslogic ISA bt542b scsi card, and at boot up  time

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=9143&cus...

1. Does Buslogic BT-542B SCSI card use Buslogic driver?

Hello,

My question is summarized in the subject line, but in case you lost that
(it sometimes can happen, I suppose...) here it is again:

I have a Buslogic BT-542B SCSI adapter for ISA.  Is this supported under
Linux 1.2.13, and if so which driver does it use?

Replies by e-mail are welcomed, but news postings are good too in case
someone else has the same question.

Thanks everybody.

Peter

2. Windows to Linux convert - HELP!!!!

3. Prob with Buslogic BT-542B scsi adapter

4. REDWORM will strike tommorw!!

5. need settings BusLogic BT-542B, Seagate ST12400N

6. Linux Networking

7. HELP: Intallation Difficulties, Buslogic BT-930 FlashPoint SCSI not found

8. Window display

9. BusLogic BT-948 SCSI card and 3C590 Etherlink III card

10. Mylex (former BusLogic) BT-958 BT-958D adapter problem.

11. BusLogic BT-445C SCSI Problems

12. Mylex (Buslogic) BT-950 vs. BT-958

13. Buslogic BT-946C and Segate ST31200N problems under Linux but not DOS