Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

Post by Paul Ge » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if my Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro PCI modem is
Linux compatible?

If so, how do I get it to be recognised correctly? Whenever kppp tries ot
startit always says the modem is busy.

Any help would be appreeciated - preferably via email

Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

Post by Randall E. Williamso » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I believe yours in Windows-only.  Check your model number against the list at
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

> Hi,

> Can someone please tell me if my Diamond SupraExpress 56i V Pro PCI modem is
> Linux compatible?

> If so, how do I get it to be recognised correctly? Whenever kppp tries ot
> startit always says the modem is busy.

> Any help would be appreeciated - preferably via email

1. Diamond Supra Express 56i PRO Pci modem

Did anyone successively install a Diamond Supra Express 56i PRO Pci modem?

when I try it in win98 appeared in a window on control panel a message like
"to use
this modem in DOS use the following settings .... " witch were different
from the settings on win, my question is:
if it can work in DOS, is it a Winmodem?
And by the way it has two nice Chips from Rockwell,  this means anything?
If anyone has any clue about it please post it, please.

After of setting it up in win I install it in a linux box running REDHAT 5.0
Kernel 2.0.36 in a 486 dx4, using setserial it reported the same irq and io
port that has in the previous window in the win machine, but when I use pppd
to dialup I got an input/output error.

Thanks in advance.

2. dxpc 2.0 (non-beta) now available

3. Diamond Supra Express 56i Sp Compatible?

4. IE5 SSL & Linux/Apache

5. Modem setups under AIX

6. Lexmark 5000/Diamond Supra Express 56i Pro

7. TEG-PCITX 32-bit PCI 1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet (Trendware)

8. Diamond Supra Express 56i SP PC Modem

9. Diamond Supra Express 56i Modem

10. Modem Diamond Multimedia Supra PCI 56i - winmodem or not?

11. Supra Express 56i (internal ISA modem card)

12. Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 - winmodem?