ncr 53c810 and interrupt problems

Post by Eric Fr » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have a Gateway P5-90 computer (it has an intel chipset and AMI bios) that
is around 3 years old as I recall. I am trying to put a NCR 53C810 SCSI card
in it. The problem ist that when I load the module I get a message saying
that the card wants to use interrupt 15, but that it is already in use (by
another scsi card). On the card (it is a Jbond generic card) there are
some jumpers that let me choose PCI interrupt a,b,c or d, but these make
no difference. My bios won't let me reassign the interrupts for PCI slots.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Eric C. Frey
Assistant Professor
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Department of Radiology
The University of North Carolina
148 MacNider Hall, CB 7575, Chapel Hill, NC 27599