Need help - Anyone with a Toshiba 2805 laptop

Need help - Anyone with a Toshiba 2805 laptop

Post by Ken Mill » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 09:20:01

I have a new Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 that comes with Win ME and I
really want to switch it over to Linux.

Can anyone tell me if they have done it successfully and which
distribution they used.  I need to be able to use the USB, LAN
connection, modem and the DVD player.

Also this might be a stupid question, but you can watch DVD movies
under Linux, correct?

I know you can hotsync Palm Pilots, but what about the possibility of
linking a Casio Q3000EX digital camera, RIO 500 MP3 player and Sony
miidisc player/recorder :)

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Need help - Anyone with a Toshiba 2805 laptop

Post by bob » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:02:20

Hi
You might find some useful information here:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

> I have a new Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 that comes with Win ME and I
> really want to switch it over to Linux.

> Can anyone tell me if they have done it successfully and which
> distribution they used.  I need to be able to use the USB, LAN
> connection, modem and the DVD player.

> Also this might be a stupid question, but you can watch DVD movies
> under Linux, correct?

> I know you can hotsync Palm Pilots, but what about the possibility of
> linking a Casio Q3000EX digital camera, RIO 500 MP3 player and Sony
> miidisc player/recorder :)

> Thanks for any help.

> Ken

1. Need help - Anyone with a Toshiba 2805 laptop

I have a new Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201 that comes with Win ME and I
really want to switch it over to Linux.

Can anyone tell me if they have done it successfully and which
distribution they used.  I need to be able to use the USB, LAN
connection, modem and the DVD player.

Also this might be a stupid question, but you can watch DVD movies
under Linux, correct?

I know you can hotsync Palm Pilots, but what about the possibility of
linking a Casio Q3000EX digital camera, RIO 500 MP3 player and Sony
miidisc player/recorder :)

Thanks for any help.

Ken

2. Apache/OpenSSL Handshake timeout

3. need video settings for Toshiba 2805-S302

4. Matrox Mystique + xinit

5. Toshiba 2805-S301 w/LM8: can't use external monitor -- help !

6. c/c++ send()ing fails, errno says "broken pipe"

7. Toshiba Satellite 2805-S201

8. How to Change the default bootup

9. Toshiba 2805-S402 and FreeBSD

10. toshiba 2805-s402 winmodem