Help! Hard Disk Problem!

Post by ada2 » Sat, 19 May 2001 06:54:07

My hard disk is a Maxtor 9043D2 IDE ATAPI. I am using Mandrake 8.0 and
it keeps on showing:

hda: timeout waiting for DMA
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma)timeout func only: 14
hda: irq timeout: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? How should I fix it?

Thanks a lot!

ada2

1. HELP! Hard Disk problems with Redhat 5.1

Help someone ..
I have recently purchased Redhat 5.1
After install and config the system runs well for a time then my hard drive
starts to get read errors (no error shown just system hang up and linux
tries to reset /dev/hda
I have a quantum Bigfoot TX  4Gb drive with 2 x 2 GB partitions (50 meg swap
space for linux)
I am running Win 95 on /dev/hda1 and Linux on /dev/hda2
I am also using LILO to boot Win 95 as default (need it for current study
courses)
I have a PII 266 with 48 MB ram (Compaq presario).
Has anyone ever had any problems with this sort of setup ????
Can anyone help???
note:
I used linux fdisk to set up linux partitions and set up swap space as
primary not extended /dev/hda3, could this be cause??
Would be gratefull for help

Paul Sinclair

2. Transfer to a new CPU

3. Please Help! Hard Disk Problem

4. The Life of a Program

5. Help !!! Hard Disk Problem???

6. strange output in Apache access_log

7. Help! Help! hard disk problems

8. Floppy disk change detection in 2.4.19 and 2.5.45...

9. Replacing Hard Disk - Copying Linux system to new Hard Disk ????

10. How to lock the bad sectors on the hard disk without reformatting the hard disk !!??

11. Ultra 5 IDE hard disks - can I use any PC hard disk?

12. can we copy an installed Linux on a hard disk onto another hard disk

13. HELP: DOS boot disk does not recognize my hard disk!!!