q: AGP & Network adaptors.

Post by Niels Troldbor » Thu, 17 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello...
I need to find general information about linux (redhat 5.1) and
compatibility with agp-grfx.cards and 100 mbit network adaptors..  - Does
anyone out there no a good place on the web to get information about this?
Thanks, and have a nice day...

q: AGP & Network adaptors.

Post by Li-Jen Chan » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Hello...
> I need to find general information about linux (redhat 5.1) and
> compatibility with agp-grfx.cards and 100 mbit network adaptors..  - Does
> anyone out there no a good place on the web to get information about this?
> Thanks, and have a nice day...

  Check SUSE web site. There is a Linux supported and unsupported hardware
list.

1. Linux & AMDK6-2 & super7 & AGP

I've installed linux on the following configuration:
VIA MVP3 mainboard, AMD K6-2/300, ATI RAGE PRO 4MB AGP
I can use XFree86 in VGA mode but any higher mode does either not give
any picture at all or it's badly distorted.
It looks as if the driver can't get the addressing right.
I guess it's probably some kind of problem with AGP?
Does anybody have this configuration up and running?
Do I have a chance?

Any input is appreciated.

Peter

2. one parent, two children, and a pipe

3. Whats the diff between "agp 8x" & "agp 8x pro"?

4. Where can I find the src for PORTMAP?

5. AGP 4/7: add generic print of AGP version & mode

6. Perl DBI-0.93 DBD-Informix-0.58 on SCO

7. Network adapter compatability HP EN1207D-TX PCI 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter

8. Millenium Card low level config.

9. access points & usb network adapters, wireless

10. PCMCIA 56k-Modem&Network Adapter

11. networking systems - lots of Qs

12. Memory & Disk Qs

13. Newbie Qs & As