Sound & Network died on MD 8.0

Post by Scallic » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 06:31:40

Hello,

I installed MD 8.0 and everything was working great. Recently, I started it
up and both my sound and eth0 said FAILED during bootup. There was a
complaint about modprobe. My question is, where is the sound and network
configurations stored for MD8.0 and how do I reinstall those configurations?
Thanks alot.

~Scallica~

Sound & Network died on MD 8.0

Post by Revenge » Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:38:05

Quote:> complaint about modprobe. My question is, where is the sound and network
> configurations stored for MD8.0 and how do I reinstall those
configurations?
> Thanks alot.

Sound: Just run sndconfig or harddrake ... that could solve the problem ...
About the modprobe, some modules require special parameters like IRQs and
stuff, check to see that there is no conflict ... and you can change the
parameters in /etc/modules.conf

Network: did you change your hostname or something ... go to /etc/sysconfig/
and edit the network file ...

That's all that I know ...

Sound & Network died on MD 8.0

Post by Scallic » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:16:33

I remember upgrading the kernel packages in Mandrake Update. I think thats
what screwed everything up.

~Scallica~

Quote:> Hello,

> I installed MD 8.0 and everything was working great. Recently, I started
it
> up and both my sound and eth0 said FAILED during bootup. There was a
> complaint about modprobe. My question is, where is the sound and network
> configurations stored for MD8.0 and how do I reinstall those
configurations?
> Thanks alot.

> ~Scallica~

1. Networking Linux Redhat 8.0 & Windows 2000 Pro On Dynamic Based Network

   Anyone happen to know where I can find information on networking a Redhat
8.0 machine with a Windows 2000 machine on a network where:

Windows 2000 sees internal LAN fine
Windows 2000 sees outside world fine

Windows 2000 obtains IP address automatically
Windows 2000 obtains DNS server address automatically
DHCP Enabled

In an environment where linux wants to have its own static ip number and
specified domain name, how do i get it to share its hard drive contents with
this windows 2000 machine?

Anyone got any helpful ideas or websites??? Help is much appreciated..

Thomas Jackson

2. 3 drives, not sure how to set up partitions for linux

3. MD 8.0 Control Center fails to save changes

4. bfd (Binary File Descriptor library) troubles...

5. X86 v2.6 & EtherExpress Pro/10+ die die

6. SuSE Linux 6.0 to 6.3 Upgrade

7. C99 initializers for drivers/md/md.c

8. USB Keyboard

9. RH 7.2 && ISA Sound Blaster 16, no sound

10. Could not compile md/raid5.c and md/multipath.c in 2.5.3-pre3

11. weird md+scsi prob (delayed or missing partition check, md autorun finds no RAID)

12. US-MD (Germantown, MD) - Oracle Systems DBA -

13. Network dies under Kernal 2.2.5-15 & 22 -- Kernal BUG??