APM or ACPI on a NEC Versa aptitude laptop

APM or ACPI on a NEC Versa aptitude laptop

Post by Dubouloz Rolan » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 05:20:51

I've just installed Mandrake 8.1 on my laptop with the APM enable.

I can work only 30 seconds before the lcd turn off !
it's impossible to wake up . Nothing in the bios (PhoenixBIOS 4.0
Release 6.0) to desable the apm.

Does anybody as a Linux with ACPI instead of APM .

Is there a way to patch the BIOs and desable the power management ?

any ideas ?
Thanks

Roland

1. NEC VERSA APM BIOS bug

From linux/Documentation/Configure.help:

    Ignore USER SUSPEND
    CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND
      This option will ignore USER SUSPEND requests.  On machines with a
      compliant APM BIOS, you want to say N.  However, on the NEC Versa M
      series notebooks, it is necessary to say Y because of a BIOS bug.

Does anyone know whether this bug also afflicts the NEC VERSA 6200MX, or
remember what the original bug actually was and how it can be demonstrated?

2. Very nice HTML editor for X

3. Notebook: NEC Versa 5080X APM suspend flakiness - hacking help?

4. Ksh, Expect and data processing

5. NEC Versa Laptop on RedHat 4.0?

6. IP MASQ Questions!!

7. Installation on NEC Versa 6030x Laptop

8. POP access

9. Linux on NEC Versa 2630 CD Laptop

10. Audio on NEC Versa 4000 family laptops?

11. PCMCIA modem and NEC Versa laptop. Help.

12. XFree86 for a NEC Versa SX laptop...

13. Having problems with NEC Versa 4050H laptop install (removable CD-ROM)