Connection To the Internet

Post by Anonim » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:30:16

Hi all,

I have installed Fedora Core 2 and use the KDE Desktop.
I have installed an analog 56k Modem.

I would really love to connect to the Internet with this Linux Box of mine.
I used the KDE program KPPPP but got an error message stating that
/dev/modem
does not exist.

Could anybody tell me what need I do in order to successfully get connected
to the Internet?

TIA,

David

Connection To the Internet

Post by Dr Balwinder Singh Dheema » Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:19:11

> Hi all,

> I have installed Fedora Core 2 and use the KDE Desktop.
> I have installed an analog 56k Modem.

> I would really love to connect to the Internet with this Linux Box of mine.
> I used the KDE program KPPPP but got an error message stating that
> /dev/modem
> does not exist.

> Could anybody tell me what need I do in order to successfully get connected
> to the Internet?

Make a symlink to an appropriate node in the /dev like:

# ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem

and the /dev/ttyS0 should the port be where you have connected your
modem; mostly /dev/ttyS0 is equivalent to COM1: and /dev/ttyS1 to COM2:
in WinDOS world.

Hope that helps.

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman            Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer)   Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

More: http://anu.homelinux.net/~bsd/  Visit: http://counter.li.org/

Connection To the Internet

Post by Jose Maria Lopez Hernande » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:19:28

> Hi all,

> I have installed Fedora Core 2 and use the KDE Desktop.
> I have installed an analog 56k Modem.

> I would really love to connect to the Internet with this Linux Box of mine.
> I used the KDE program KPPPP but got an error message stating that
> /dev/modem
> does not exist.

> Could anybody tell me what need I do in order to successfully get connected
> to the Internet?

> TIA,

> David

Make a link from the real modem device to /dev/modem, if it's a
serial one it would be something like /dev/ttyS0. If it's another
model then you have to find what device it uses.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

http://www.bgsec.com
ESPA?A

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.
                 -- Jack Kerouac, "On the Road"

Connection To the Internet

Post by Dr Balwinder Singh Dheema » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:22:55

potatoes, turnips, cauliflower, cabbage...)
Bell pepper
onions
garlic
ginger
salt pepper, etc.
Olive oil
butter

Brown the meat and some chopped onions, peppers, and garilic in olive oil,
   place in baking dish, layer with vegetables seasoning and butter.
Bake at 325 for 30 - 45 minutes.
Serve with hot dinner rolls, fruit salad and sparkling water.

Bb Buffet 1

Show off with whole roasted children replete with apples in mouths -
and babies? heads stuffed with wild rice. Or keep it simple with a
hearty main course such as stew, lasagna, or meat loaf.

Some suggestions

Pre-mie pot pies, beef stew, leg of lamb, stuffed chicken, roast pork spiral ham,
Cranberry pineapple salad, sweet potatoes in butter, vegetable platter, tossed salad with tomato and avocado, parsley new potatoes, spinich cucumber salad, fruit salad
Bran muffins, dinner rolls, soft breadsticks, rice pilaf, croissants
Apple cake with rum sauce, frosted banana nut bread sherbet, home made brownies
Iced tea, water, beer, *y marys, lemona

Connection To the Internet

Post by Jose Maria Lopez Hernande » Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:03:45

steak or roast, do not pre-boil).

Pie crust (see index)
Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
Onions, bell pepper, celery
? cup wine
Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

Make a crust from scratch - or go shamefully to the frozen food section
   of your favorite grocery and select 2 high quality pie crusts (you
   will need one for the top also).
Boil the prepared delicacy until the meat starts to come off the bones.
Remove, de-bone and cube; continue to reduce the broth.
Brown the onions, peppers and celery.
Add the meat then season, continue browning.
De-glaze with sherry, add the reduced broth.
Finally, put in the root vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly.
Place the pie pan in 375 degree oven for a few minutes so bottom crust is not soggy,
   reduce oven to 325.
Fill the pie with stew, place top crust and with a fork, seal the crusts together
   then poke holes in top.
Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown.

Sudden Infant Death Soup

SIDS: delicious in winter, comparable t

Connection To the Internet

Post by Spamles » Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:05:32

Quote:> steak or roast, do not pre-boil).

> Pie crust (see index)
> Whole fresh pre-mie; eviscerated, head, hands and feet removed
> Onions, bell pepper, celery
> ? cup wine
> Root vegetables of choice (turnips, carrots, potatoes, etc) cubed

That message was from HipCrime (or a clone). The self-styled owner of
usenet. He is also a spammer. There are some groups who particularly annoy
him. One of them is news.admin-net.abuse.email (an anti-spam group). He
really, really does not like us.

Many there filter on the locations from which he spews his crap. He uses
this method (the prior posting) to get around that and produce a larger
flood of nanae (news.admin.net-abuse.email). Check the message headers of
his post. It is set with a Follow-Up to nanae. His idea is to post
obnoxious, threatening, random, whatever, messages to group after group
after group so those who reply contribute to the flood of nanae as their
posts wind up there.

Come on over and visit nanae sometime (if you don't like spam) (but
currently you will probably find it full of responses to Hippy's recent
attacks).

1. dual network connection to the internet

Good day,

I and my neighbour both have rogers wave cable connection to the internet.
We each have several computers and the two networks are connected via coxial
cable.  We have been able to access each other's cable connection, and the
natural question arised...... is it possible to connection to the internet
with both these connections like you connection two serial modems together?
We have talked about it and we've reached the conclusion that we probably
have to write our own code and to get the packets from both connections and
then merge it before they are recieved.  I am not too strong in network
theories and low level programming so it's best if there's stuff readily
available........any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Hayden

2. XF86Config for Sceptre and S3 864

3. Connection to The Internet

4. Has xdbx been ported to Solaris 2.3 yet?

5. Help Needed for ATTglobal.net connection to the Internet

6. Trouble setting up home network

7. Routing with two connections to the Internet

8. Unallocated sector when partitioning...

9. RS/6000 connection to the internet

10. Server Connection through Cablevision Internet?

11. Connection to the internet with a Pipeline

12. Two connections to the internet...

13. Connection to the Internet via PPP - Help.....