AZT3000 aka Sound III/336SP to work in Linux

AZT3000 aka Sound III/336SP to work in Linux

Post by d0om » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I was wondering how I could get my AZT3000 sound/modem combo device
running under Linux. I do not
think it is a winModem, because it behaves fine under d0s/has assigned
irqs.

Too bad it doesn't quite work under Linux. I have tried using the isapnp
utility and it seems that
pnpdump recognizes the azt3000 but then I have to edit the script by
hand, and I don't quite understand what to leave in and out. The
setserial command doesn't seem to be working either.

Since it is a sound/modem combo, I'm hoping Linux will recognize it as
both. I know I'd be better off with generic SB compat. cards and a
generic modem.

I've searched the net around this and found not much information about
this.

The device is pnp and uses com1; modem's irq is 4 while sound's is 5.

I am hoping that you can give me some information about this. As you can
tell by this post, I'm still learning.

sincerely,
d0om