LG CD-RW and DVD-ROM

Post by vt10 » Sun, 05 May 2002 01:47:05

I am looking for CD-RW and DVD drives to replace the one
CD-ROM I have.  Found an add for LG DVD-ROM model DRD-8169B
and an internal IDE 32x10x40 CD-RW, no model nmbr in the
add.  Can get them for $140, reg. price $200 for the two.

Decent drives for Linux?  I'm currently running Mandrake 8.1
on one of my boxes, plan to add the new drives and Linux
on another.

TIA!

LG CD-RW and DVD-ROM

Post by MrSum » Sat, 18 May 2002 03:40:28

Hi,

I have an LG model which I cannot get to write under Linux. Windows is
fine and good. Reading under Linux is fine and good, but no joy yet
writing. LG do not appear in the lists of supported IDE-SCSI drives.

MrSums

> I am looking for CD-RW and DVD drives to replace the one CD-ROM I have.
> Found an add for LG DVD-ROM model DRD-8169B and an internal IDE 32x10x40
> CD-RW, no model nmbr in the add.  Can get them for $140, reg. price $200
> for the two.

> Decent drives for Linux?  I'm currently running Mandrake 8.1 on one of
> my boxes, plan to add the new drives and Linux on another.

> TIA!

LG CD-RW and DVD-ROM

Post by S » Sat, 18 May 2002 13:13:32

> Hi,

> I have an LG model which I cannot get to write under Linux. Windows is
> fine and good. Reading under Linux is fine and good, but no joy yet
> writing. LG do not appear in the lists of supported IDE-SCSI drives.

I have had a LG CD-RW for like 2 years now and it works fine under linux.

-z

1. Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX320E

I just bought a new CD burner, Sony CD-RW CRX320E.  I'm running
Slackware 10.0 with kernel 2.4.26.  I installed the drive and it reads
CDs, but when I try to burn CDs it gives me errors.  It can't run in DAO,
so I tried TAO.  It then gives me a buffer underrun error.  It then
gives me unknown errors.  Does anyone know if this drive works in kernel
2.4 or do I need 2.6?

Selex

2. IMS tt128, No video

3. DVD-ROM and CD-RW under Linux

4. MS Access and Linux

5. Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

6. Where did I come from?

7. LG GCC-4120B DVD/CD-RW on FBSD?

8. (Q) PROBLEM_WITH...

9. HP CD-Writer CD-R/RW+DVD-ROM (9900ci) works with Linux

10. LG 8160b dvd-rom will not read dvd

11. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

12. DVD-RW/CD-ROM-RW

13. LG dvd-rom&cdrw combo