USB port adapter -> Multi USB ports existing ? Extending number of USB ports possible ?

USB port adapter -> Multi USB ports existing ? Extending number of USB ports possible ?

Post by Thomas Jerki » Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:17:11

Unfortunately my notebook has only ONE USB port. Is there something like an USB port adapter
which I can plug in into the one available USB port and which offers at the other side multiple
USB ports ?

Something like a simple, portable USB hub ?

Tom

USB port adapter -> Multi USB ports existing ? Extending number of USB ports possible ?

Post by Dances With Crow » Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:33:09

[ excessive crossposting trimmed ]
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.hardware.]
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:17:11 +0100, Thomas Jerkins staggered into the
Black Sun and said:

Quote:> Unfortunately my notebook has only ONE USB port. Is there something
> like an USB port adapter which I can plug in into the one available
> USB port and which offers at the other side multiple USB ports ?
> Something like a simple, portable USB hub ?

Yes.  I have a portable 4-port USB hub by Targus that's about 2" by 1"
by 5/8".  Works fine.  Don't know the model# or anything, but it was $30
at Worst Buy.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /    mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong
http://www.brainbench.com     /                Hire me!

USB port adapter -> Multi USB ports existing ? Extending number of USB ports possible ?

Post by Alf » Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:02:55

Targus or Belkin can be recommended for OK quality and size, also there are
a fair number of taiwan-products out there, but with varying quality.

Quote:> [ excessive crossposting trimmed ]