Mouse won't work properly!

Post by Kuokai Shy » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I have installed the RedHat 5.2 packages on Dell PC, but the mouse
won't listen my command.  The mouse is Microsoft PS2 IntelliMouse.
The left and right click buttons are not working well.  Sometimes I
can highlight text, but can absolutely Not paste the text.
and it will mess up the window.

Will anyone help me this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Mouse won't work properly!

Post by Jonathan Wurt » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

The intellimouse apparently doesn't use the standard PS/2 interface,
check

http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

to set up an X-server with intellimouse support.

> Hi, I have installed the RedHat 5.2 packages on Dell PC, but the mouse
> won't listen my command.  The mouse is Microsoft PS2 IntelliMouse.
> The left and right click buttons are not working well.  Sometimes I
> can highlight text, but can absolutely Not paste the text.
> and it will mess up the window.

> Will anyone help me this matter?

> Thanks in advance.

1. 3-button *Optical* Mouse Systems Mouse in X Won't Configure Properly

3-button *Optical* MouseSystems Mouse in X Won't Configure Properly

I just purchased a 3-button *Optical* Mouse and I can't get the
middle button to work properly in X.  The Mouse Systems protocol
does not work at all.  When I move the mouse around a little,
everything gets all messed up, the pointer jumps around, and
menus flash.  I tried all combinations of ClearRTS and Clear DTR
and Emulate3Buttons and Chordmiddle.  I have tried just about
every possible configuration, and the most success I have is
with the Microsoft Protocol.  However, when I *click* the middle button,
the mouse acts as if the first button is being held down for
about half a second.  Emulate3Buttons works when buttons 1 and 3
are depressed, but I specifically bought this mouse so I can
have three buttons.

The actually mouse works perfectly fine in text mode with
"gpm -t ms"--this is the bare Microsoft protocol, not the
standard one.

Does anyone out there have one of these mice, or can someone
please offer some ideas?

Please respond to this account.

Thanks,
Ken

2. Java on FreeBSD 5.0

3. > ksh children won't die ; exec doesn't work properly (solution)

4. how to handle env-variables ?

5. ksh children won't die ; exec doesn't work properly; ksh -p

6. Concerto & Linux??

7. PLEASE HELP: My keyboard won't emulate the mouse properly!

8. Making a bootdisk?

9. kdm/xdmcp/WinAxe won't work properly after Linux upgrade

10. Synaptics driver won't work properly (2.5.73-mm1)

11. HELP HP4m with ethernet card won't work properly

12. GnomeICQ problem - works but won't start properly

13. cgi script won't work properly