TRADE FOR MATROX G200 (PCI)

Post by Kyle Key » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:27:09

Anyone who has a pci G200... I would like trade for my 8M Elsa Gloria
Synergy (PCI) (Permedia2 chipset)
They are similarly valued cards, but the matrox are better supported
under linux.  This card would be better suited in a windows or Digital
UNIX box.   Reply by e-mail to discuss a trade.

Thanks,
Kyle Keys

TRADE FOR MATROX G200 (PCI)

Post by Jonadab the Unsightly O » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 23:43:56

> This card would be better suited in a windows or Digital UNIX box.

Then why are you offering it in a Linux newsgroup?

Try on a Windows newsgroup, your local chapter of DECUS, or
at least a general-hardare newsgroup that isn't linux-specific.

- jonadab

TRADE FOR MATROX G200 (PCI)

Post by John Mulle » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:30:59

Hi,

I have a brand new Matrox G200 AGP 8MB that won't fit in my box. It's still
in the wrapping, with software still sealed up. I need a G200 PCI as well,
since my only AGP slot is already taken up.Do you know anybody who can use
the AGP version?

Reply by email to discuss.

Thanks,

John

> Anyone who has a pci G200... I would like trade for my 8M Elsa Gloria
> Synergy (PCI) (Permedia2 chipset)
> They are similarly valued cards, but the matrox are better supported
> under linux.  This card would be better suited in a windows or Digital
> UNIX box.   Reply by e-mail to discuss a trade.

> Thanks,
> Kyle Keys

1. Matrox G200 vs Matrox Mil II pci

Hi
I've currently got linux set up to boot from the same machine as Win95.
I've found myself spending most of my time in linux so I've decided to
set linux up on a dedicated machine of its own. The current Win95
machine has a Matrox G200 which handles X-windows with good speed. I'd
like to leave this card in the windows machine since it does 3d and I
have not seen any need for 3d support in linux, but I don't want to slow
X down any.
I have a Matrox Millenium II pci card available. I'd like to use it in
my linux only box. Is it just as fast in X-windows as the G200? Is there
a faster card than either of these for X?

I'd like the X stuff to run as fast as possible. WindowMaker deserves
the best video card I can give it.:)

I know I could try both and see, but I thought I'd post here before
doing that to see if anyone has any experience with both cards(Or any
card that is faster under X).  I'd appreciate any info anyone would be
kind enough to share.

Thanks
Jim Smith

2. Korn Shell Conditionals and tests on file objects?

3. Please stop: You trade, I trade....he trades, she trades !!!!

4. Booting WinNT, Solaris x86 7 and RH Linux 6.0

5. Diamond Stealth II G460 & Matrox Millinnium G200 or Mystique G200 drivers

6. no more available: Sunsolve Patch 105472-07?

7. Matrox Millenium G200 = Mystique G200?

8. Screen 3.2 (was: Background jobs in OS/2 V2?

9. Matrox G200 PCI support Linux??

10. Matrox G200 AGP/PCI

11. Probs with Matrox Millennium G200 SD (PCI)

12. Matrox Millenium G200 SD (PCI)