Problems with Spea Mirage P64

Post by albre.. » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

I have Linux and XFree86 3.1.1 running on my PC.

I use a Spea Mirage P64 video card with 2 MB ram, the
S3 Trio Chip and a 5.x Bios.

Everything works fine except for the 16 bit color mode in 1024x768.
There I have serious display wrapping problems when I have a
lot of windows on the screen. The vertical pixel lines are
looking like that:

         \
         /

         \

   /

And so on. I.e. they look more like a wave than a line.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Jens
---

Henkestr. 35
91054 Erlangen

Phone: 09131-22681

1. Problems with SPEA Mirage P64 and MAG PA17S

Does anyone have the following hardware running XFree86 3.1 or XFree3.1.1:

    MAG PA17S (of DX17F) monitor
    SPEA Mirage P-64 videocard

If so, I would be very interested in your XFConfig, because I can seem to
get my setup in good working order.

Here is what I have done so far: I have installed XFree86 3.1 through
Slackware Pro 2.1 (setup). Then I went to work on my XFConfig. I
encountered three problems:
  1. There was no preconfigured MAG PA17S (or MAG DX17F), so I had to
     improvise a bit on the Modelines in my XFConfig. I managed to

     recognized as such by my monitor.
        Q: does anyone have any more Modelines (that leave my screen in
           one piece)?
  2. There seems to be a problem when I enter 'startx', because the
     startup video mode is not the one I specified. After hitting
     [Ctrl][Alt][+] a couple of times the video mode the right one.
     Apperently this has something to do with the ICS2595 Clockchip
     and this bug is documented in the S3-docs.
        Q: Has this problem been fixed in XFree86 3.1.1?
  3. When I typed 'startx -bpp 16' my monitor suddenly displayed a very
     unhealthy looking screen that clearly indicated a refresh rate
     that was to high.
        Q: How is this possible and how do I solve it?
So if anyone has the answers to these questions or is running XFree86
3.1/3.1.1 on my configuration, please follow-up or send me a mail.

  Thanks in advance, Bas Kleijn

My setup:
- MAG PA17S screen and SPEA Mirage P-64 card.
- Pentium 90MHz on Intel-PLATO PCI motherboard with 8Mb RAM with
  EIDE controller, ATAPI CDROM, IDE HD and various other irrelevant facts...
- Linux kernel 1.2.5 and XFree86 3.1

2. pass score for aix system admin certification exam

3. Problem with SPEA Mirage P64 VL

4. Tutorial for TCP sk_buff and sock structure.

5. Problems with SPEA Mirage P64 and 16bpp

6. Faster driver for Viper PRO PCI?

7. Q: SPEA Mirage P64 PCI: Clockchip problem

8. ATI xpert@work with an AGP bus ???

9. Problems with Adaptec 1542CF/Spea Mirage P64

10. SPEA Mirage P64 (PCI)?

11. XConfig for SPEA Mirage-P64 S3-Trio

12. XF86Config for Spea Mirage P64 needed

13. REQ:X-Config for SPEA Mirage P64 PCI