Turtle Beach Montego supported on Linux?

Turtle Beach Montego supported on Linux?

Post by Jorrit Tyberghei » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The subject says it (almost) all.
I have a DELL with a Turtle Beach Montego and ATS Lansing speakers
(via USB connector).

Can this setup work on Linux? I think it can't with the latest stable kernel
but maybe there are patches or maybe the development kernel supports
this driver?

Greetings and thanks in advance,

Project Manager of Crystal Space, a free and portable 3D 6DOF portal engine.
More info at: http://crystal.linuxgames.com

Turtle Beach Montego supported on Linux?

Post by John Ericso » Mon, 11 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have a Turtle Beach Montego too, and you wont get it working with any
stable kernels yet. But drivers are under construction, for more info go
to "www.opensound.com". Im not 100% at the URL, it maybe was .org or
something like that.

> The subject says it (almost) all.
> I have a DELL with a Turtle Beach Montego and ATS Lansing speakers
> (via USB connector).

> Can this setup work on Linux? I think it can't with the latest stable kernel
> but maybe there are patches or maybe the development kernel supports
> this driver?

> Greetings and thanks in advance,

> --

> Project Manager of Crystal Space, a free and portable 3D 6DOF portal engine.
> More info at: http://crystal.linuxgames.com

/ John
UIN:    7325429

Turtle Beach Montego supported on Linux?

Post by Troy Carte » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The URL is http://www.se.opensound.com - I just sent them e-mail asking
when the TBS Montego would be supported, they said between April and
June 99, but that there might be a beta released in March.  I also have
a Dell with a TBS Montego, but I don't have USB speakers - that might
present a problem, but there are people working on USB support for
linux.  Check out http://peloncho.fis.ucm.es/~inaky/USB

--
----------------------------
Troy Carter

1. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D Support

Has anyone gotten this sound card to work under linux?  Even if it was
limited or restricted use.  I can't get mine to work at all.
Unfortunately, not even OSS looks like they will be having support for
it any time soon.  Supposedly, they are trying.  But if anyone has
even gotten this card to make any noise at all, I'd sure like to know
how you did it.  My system is a Dell XPS 450 if that helps.

Skip

2. Burning DVD's and CD's with Pioneer DVR-A03 and Red Hat Linux

3. Turtle Beach Montego II support?

4. Can only run X as root.

5. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D support

6. iptables for "local" network

7. Turtle Beach Montego support in kernel 2.2.4?

8. So just what is the secret to install LinuxPPC R5?

9. Linux and Turtle Beach Montego sound cards

10. Turtle Beach Montego II on Corel Linux

11. Turtle Beach Montego II on Linux

12. What about Turtle Beach Montego under Linux

13. Turtle Beach Montego PCI Sound Card /w Linux