Phone<->PC adapter DPH-50U Linux compatible?

Phone<->PC adapter DPH-50U Linux compatible?

Post by Wojciech Zabolotn » Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:54:30

Hi All,

I'm considering buying of Phone<->PC USB adapter DPH-50U
( http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=466 )
However I don' know it will work with my Linux PC.
Has anybody some experience with that device & Linux?
Is it compatible with any standard USB class (USB modem, USB audio)?
Are there any (preferrable open source) Linux drivers for DPH-50U?
--
TIA & Regards,
Wojtek Zabolotny

Phone<->PC adapter DPH-50U Linux compatible?

Post by Wojciech Zabolotn » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:34:52

Finally I have found another Phone<->PC VoIP adapter which seems to be
Linux compatible.
It is USB-B2K, manufactured by yealink:
http://www.yealink.com/skypemate/prodetail_b2k.htm
There is even an open source project supporting this device:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/usbb2k-api/
There is also a nice article about it:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8592

The problem is however, that there is another very similar device USB-B2:
http://www.tech-top.com.hk/product_detail.php?product_id=243
And I do know nothing about its Linux compatibility.
If someone else knows, please let me know, as it is a little cheaper.
--
Regards, Wojtek