> I'd like to upgrade from a CS4235 ISA card to a SB Live 5.1 gamer card.
> The RH site says it's supported except for MIDI. Does this mean only no
> support for external MIDI devices (not a problem for me),
This is true. The kernel drivers for the SB Live do notQuote:> or absolutely no
> MIDI support so that I won't even be able to listen to .mid files anymore?
I have the SB Live myself (albeit on a Debian system) and
_strongly_ recommend going to the effort to install the ALSA
1. RH 7.3 KDE3.0.1 RPMs with RH 7.2
I notice there are a few places where 3.0.1 rpms for RH 7.3 are up.
I'm only using RH 7.2 though it is quite current (and customized in places
=} ). Has anyone actually tried using the 7.3 rpms with 7.2? Just
curious... so far a rpm -test doesn't see anything wrong...
Other than the 586 vs 386 issue (I'm using a 686 anyway =} ), can anyone see
anything hideously stupid about trying this? Has anyone actually tried it?
Just wondering. Don't know enough about the differences between RH releases
to know if this is a stupid question so please educate if I am asking
something quite stupid...
3. newbie-How to upgrade from RH 7.2 to RH 7.3?
4. Job Leads For Technical Professionals
6. How do I find out my address so I can ssh from outside
8. uux & smail problems HELP!!!!!!!!!
9. Noob Queston on RH 7.2/7.3 Kernel issue
10. RH 7.3 worth moving from 7.2?
11. My Upgrade Experience RH 7.2 Enigma -> 7.3 Valhalla
12. Noob Question on RH 7.3/7.2 Kernel
13. Remotely Upgrade RH 7.2 to 7.3