Yggdrasil Plug-and-Play Fall 1994 + Mitsumi 4x IDE CD = Paradise or Hell?

Post by Karri J Harton » Fri, 13 Jan 1995 22:18:49

> Hi:

> I got it to work with my old Mitsumi single speed.  I want to upgrade to the
> newer Mitsumi 4x IDE.  Has anybody try this combination yet?

> Thanks,
> Tony

 Well, I tried it with Mitsumi 2x IDE, and it didn't work well for me.
 Maybe you can do a kernel upgrade or something to get it work.

                                        Karri

Post by Tony » Thu, 12 Jan 1995 07:50:33

Hi:

I got it to work with my old Mitsumi single speed.  I want to upgrade to the
newer Mitsumi 4x IDE.  Has anybody try this combination yet?

Thanks,
Tony

1. Yggdrasil Fall 1994 Plug-and-Play Linux

I recently purchased the Fall 1994 version of Yggdrasil's Plug-and-Play
Linux. Enclosed was also the August edition of LINUX JOURNAL. Reading
through it, I found an article concerning the Summer release of PnP. In
it, publisher Phil Hughes commented that "[Yggdrasil] have ignored the
Linux file system standard." I have a number of questions about his
statement. First, what exactly are the differences between the two file
systems? Will it be a problem if (when) I decide to download or purchase
new Linux programs? Has Yggdrasil resolved these differences in the Fall
PnP? I want to remain as close to tht *standards* of the Linux development
community, so the answers to these questions are somewhat important.

to this group is more than adequate. I only have 3 weeks to decide if I
should keep PnP or send it back, so time is of the essence. Thanx!

2. /usr/include/linux/cdrom.h??????????

3. Yggdrasil Plug-and-Play Linux: Fall 1994 "revB" floppy

4. How do I remotely login with a GUI to another RH8 system?

5. Yggdrasil Fall 1994 (Summer 1994)

6. literature about Ethernet

7. Yggdrasil nov 1994 plug and play

8. Unex NexNic012

9. Yggdrasil Fall - 1994 won't boot on my Compaq Presario CDS 850.

10. ANNOUNCE: Yggdrasil Plug-and-Play Fall 1995 network beta

11. Need Yggdrasil Plug-and-Play Fall '94 errata sheet

12. Yggdrasil Fall 94 Plug 'n' Play doesn't want to play.

13. Yggdrasil fall-1994......HELP.... Yggdrasil fall 1994..... help in installation.....