Sound Blaster PCI512

Post by Tali Zv » Mon, 06 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I am trying to configure my new SB to work with Red Hat 6 woth no
success.

The card is Sound Blaster PCI512. I tried to use  any SB option in
sndconfig and I tried also to change the IRQ/DMA configureations but I
couldn't make it work.

The message I get is
/lib/modules/2.2.5-15/misc/sb.o:
init_module: Device or resourcebusy
sound: Device or resource busy.

Did anyone manage to make this card work?

Thanks, Tali

Sound Blaster PCI512

Post by Randy Wilkins » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>I am trying to configure my new SB to work with Red Hat 6 woth no
>success.

>The card is Sound Blaster PCI512. I tried to use  any SB option in
>sndconfig and I tried also to change the IRQ/DMA configureations but I
>couldn't make it work.

You gotta use the beta drivers from Creative's FTP site.  Your PCI512
card uses the Emu 10k sound chip (the same as used by the SB Live).
The newest beta driver  "emu10k1-0.3b.tar.gz" meant for the SB Live
will work with the PCI512.  At least, it does for me.

Randy

Sound Blaster PCI512

Post by Thomas O. More » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> >I am trying to configure my new SB to work with Red Hat 6 woth no
> >success.

> >The card is Sound Blaster PCI512. I tried to use  any SB option in
> >sndconfig and I tried also to change the IRQ/DMA configureations but I
> >couldn't make it work.

> You gotta use the beta drivers from Creative's FTP site.  Your PCI512
> card uses the Emu 10k sound chip (the same as used by the SB Live).
> The newest beta driver  "emu10k1-0.3b.tar.gz" meant for the SB Live
> will work with the PCI512.  At least, it does for me.

> Randy

I followed Randy's instructions and it worked like a charm.  The hardest
part was finding the doggone driver on Creative's FTP site.   The address
I finally went to was :

    http://support.soundblaster.com/files/download.asp

I did as the README said, got a weird message about the makefile,
rebooted, and all was okay.l

Good luck.

Tom