Linux and k7v irq

Post by Danil » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:47:28

Hi to all,

my problem is this, I have a motherboard k7v and a processor athlon 800, 256
mb of ram.
The problem is that linux recognizes me the peripheral pci (modem isdn, sb
Live !) but he doesn't succeed to take the irq for the pci cards, under
windows there is the driver of Irq Routing Script..... but for [linux]??
The error is "cannot rents irq for the resource" and "resource is busy"
for each hardware pci
Please help me,
I'm desperate

SyRiO On IrCnET

Linux and k7v irq

Post by Bartek Kostrzew » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:04:35

[posted and mailed]

Quote:> my problem is this, I have a motherboard k7v and a processor athlon 800,
256
> mb of ram.
> The problem is that linux recognizes me the peripheral pci (modem isdn, sb
> Live !) but he doesn't succeed to take the irq for the pci cards, under
> windows there is the driver of Irq Routing Script..... but for [linux]??
> The error is "cannot rents irq for the resource" and "resource is busy"
> for each hardware pci

Disable the PNP OS option in BIOS, it will fix all your problems normally.

I have an A7V (the socket version of your board) and my network adapter
refused to work until I changed that, it will not affect Windows operation
in any way as it will assign IRQ's differently but still automagically.

--

<<< http://technoage.web.lu >>>